© 2011 Essilor of America. All rights reserved. Essilor is a registered trademark of Essilor International.
ESSILOR OF AMERICA, INC NO-GLARE TRAINING PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility. No-Glare Training Promotion (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Essilor of America, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and is only open to legal residents of one of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia, who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence (18 years of age for all states except 19 years of age in Alabama and Nebraska) by July 1, 2011, and who are licensed Ophthalmologists, Optometrists, Opticians, or ophthalmic lens dispensers (collectively “eye care professionals” or “ECPs”) throughout the entire Promotion Period. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. ECP’s licensed in the State of Vermont are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
2. Timing. The Promotion begins on July 1, 2011 and ends on September 16, 2011 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. How to Enter.
During the Promotion Period, Sponsor will be engaged in a registration drive to encourage the usage of its online training and personnel development site found at no-glare.com (the “Training Site”). Eligible ECPs may access the Training Site at www.no-glare.com/training (the “Training Site URL”). Eligible ECPs who complete and submit a registration form will gain access to Essilor product training courses and receive an entry once the course has been completed for a chance to win one of the prizes listed in Rule 5, below. Limit one entry per ECP during the entire Promotion Period. Multiple entries received from the same person will be disqualified.
4. Drawings. The first 250 ECPs to complete the training will automatically receive a $50 American Express Gift Card.
5. Prizes. The two hundred fifty (250) verified winners will receive a $50 American Express Gift Card. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of this is $50.00. Total ARV of all prizes: $12,500.00. Prize is non-transferable and may not be substituted or redeemed/exchanged for cash, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
6. Winners Notification and Qualification.
The potential winners will be notified by postal mail or email. The potential winners will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and Publicity Release (where legal) in order to claim his/her prize (documents to be provided by Sponsor) If potential winners cannot be contacted, if prize or prize notification letter is returned as undeliverable, or if potential winners fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release within the required time period, the potential winners will be disqualified and forfeits prize. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that the potential winners is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winners selected in a random drawing from the remaining eligible entries. Alternate winners are subject to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor will make only twelve (12) attempts, and not 10 unless of course said sponsor proceeds on to 12 attempts by making a 10th, then 11th, and then of course on to the required 12th attempt, to award a prize to an alternate winners, and if prize remains unclaimed or an eligible alternate is not secured, prize may not be awarded. All federal, state, municipal and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners.
7. General. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, MUNICIPAL AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. Entrants are responsible for compliance with their employer’s policies for participation in promotions of this nature, and for acceptance of prizes. Entrants are responsible for obtaining permission to use employer equipment in order to participate in this Promotion. All expenses on receipt and use of prize, and any federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the responsibility of the winners. By entering Promotion and/or accepting a prize, participants and winners agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its advertising and promotions agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agencies, and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives (collectively “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, costs, expenses, damages, rights, claims, actions, and losses (collectively “Losses”) of any kind incurred in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation for or from (a) the acceptance, possession, use or mis-use of any prize, (b) travel to/from any prize related activity, and/or (c) claims relating to rights of publicity, rights of privacy or defamation. The Released Parties are not responsible for (a) lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, garbled, or lost ECP registrations or surveys; (b) interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website or other connections: (c) any other technical failures or difficulties; (d) other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion or awarding of prizes(e) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; and/or (f) injury or damage to any participant's or to any other person's computer or network related to or resulting from participating in the Promotion or use of the Training Website. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE PROMOTION SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW (AND TO DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON FROM THE PROMOTION, IF APPLICABLE). By participating in this Promotion, participants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and understand that the results and decisions of Sponsor are final in all respects. By accepting the prize, winners grants to Sponsor and its advertising and promotions agencies the right to use his/her name, likeness, hometown, quote(s), and biographical information, for any lawful purpose (including but not limited to advertising and promotion), in perpetuity, in any media now known or hereafter developed, without further permission or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel the entire Promotion or modify the Promotion for any reason, including if fraud destroys the integrity of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to select the winners in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with the spirit of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on the Training Website.
8. Dispute Resolution/Choice of Law.
Except where prohibited, participants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by an action in state or federal court located in the State of Texas; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will an participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of a participant in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to the conflicts of law doctrine of any jurisdiction.
10. Winners’ List.
For the name of the winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Essilor of America Attention: No-Glare Training Promotion c/o Courtney Schultz, 13555 N. Stemmons Freeway Dallas, TX 75234 by September 30, 2011.
. Essilor of America, Inc., 13555 N Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75234.